Marymount University is a private, liberal arts university located in Arlington, Virginia. The university offers undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of fields.
To apply for admission to Marymount University, you must:
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended.
- Submit standardized test scores (ACT or SAT).
- Write an essay.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
The application deadline for fall admission is March 1.
The online application form for Marymount University can be found on the university’s website. The application form asks for basic information such as your name, address, date of birth, and contact information. You will also need to answer questions about your academic background, extracurricular activities, and career goals.
Marymount University requires official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the school to Marymount University. You can request official transcripts from your school by contacting the registrar’s office.
Standardized Test Scores
Marymount University requires standardized test scores for all applicants. You can take the ACT or SAT. The ACT is a multiple-choice, pencil-and-paper test that is administered by the ACT organization. The SAT is a multiple-choice, computer-based test that is administered by the College Board.
Marymount University requires all applicants to submit an essay. The essay should be a personal statement that tells the admissions committee about you and why you want to attend Marymount University. The essay should be no more than 500 words long.
Letters of Recommendation
Marymount University requires two letters of recommendation. The letters of recommendation should be from people who know you well and can speak to your academic ability, extracurricular activities, and character. The letters of recommendation should be sent directly to Marymount University by the recommenders.
The application deadline for fall admission to Marymount University is March 1. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a rolling basis.
Marymount University offers a variety of financial aid options to help students pay for their education. Financial aid can include grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study. To apply for financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be found on the FAFSA website.
The application process for Marymount University is relatively straightforward. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can increase your chances of being admitted to Marymount University.
Here are some additional tips for applying to Marymount University:
- Start the application process early. This will give you plenty of time to gather all of the required documents and to get your letters of recommendation in.
- Be sure to proofread your application materials carefully. Typos and grammatical errors will make a negative impression on the admissions committee.
- Highlight your strengths. In your essay and in your letters of recommendation, be sure to highlight your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and personal qualities.
- Be yourself. The admissions committee wants to get to know the real you. Don’t try to be someone you’re not.
If you are interested in attending Marymount University, I encourage you to apply. Marymount is a great school with a lot to offer its students.