His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah created the American University of Sharjah (AUS) in 1997. His Highness envisioned the university as a premier educational institution in the Gulf area. AUS is a not-for-profit, autonomous school of higher education based on the American model. It is located in University City, Sharjah.
AUS is approved and certified by the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Affairs Division in the United Arab Emirates as a provider of high-quality higher education in the Gulf. The Middle States Commission for Higher Education has accredited AUS throughout the United States.
Programs offered by the American University of Sharjah:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
For more, visit the official website.
Is it difficult to get admission to the American University of Sharjah?
In other words, 32 students out of a total of 100 get accepted. This indicates that the school is quite selective. If you have good grades, you’ll have a good chance of getting in.
Where is the American University of Sharjah?
The American University of Sharjah is located in University City, which is roughly 25 km from the emirate of Dubai and 16 km from the downtown of Sharjah City.
How to apply for the American University of Sharjah through insurance?
During their time at AUS, all qualified undergraduate and graduate students, as well as enrolled overseas students, must have proper medical insurance coverage.
For our undergraduate students, we have two health insurance options:
- Al Buhaira National Insurance Student Health Plan.
- AUS University Health Services Student Health Plan.
- Supplemental Student Health Plan at University Hospital Sharjah
Graduate students who are not supported by AUS are not required to follow the following arrangements.
For graduate students funded by AUS, the Al Buhaira National Insurance Student Health Plan, and the University Hospital Sharjah Supplemental Student Health Plan are required.