Everyone—at least occasionally—is a stranger in a world of increasing change and ever-shifting personal, cultural, and economic relationships.
In today’s society, we must be able to view the world through the eyes of others, even if we disagree with their thoughts and opinions. To perform well in a range of professional and social situations, we must have sufficient knowledge of the world and ourselves. We must be at ease living on the outskirts of our comfort zones.
And it is only through that comfort—that sense of belonging in the world—that we can pursue our own goals, promote our causes, and advance our views.
Programs offered by the American University of Paris:
- Department of Art History and Fine Arts.
- Department of Comparative Literature and English.
- Department of Computer Science, Mathematics, and Environmental Science.
- Department of Economics.
- Department of Film Studies.
- Department of French Studies and Modern Languages.
- Department of Global Communications.
For more, visit the official website.
Is it hard to get into the American University of Paris?
The admittance rate at the American University of Paris is 76 percent. The application deadline for the American University of Paris is rolling, and the application cost is $70.
How to apply for the American University of Paris through insurance?
All students in France are required to obtain health insurance. At the start of each semester, all full-time students are automatically registered in the AUP Student Health Care Plan. Coverage for new students begins on the first day of Orientation and continues until the start of the next semester. Continuing students’ insurance is automatically renewed throughout the second semester and the summer.
The cost of the health care plan will be applied to your student account, and payment is expected by the specified payment deadlines for new students.
The plan consists of the following:
- Full Medical Coverage: The University has engaged with a private company to cover many basic needs that are vital that other student health care plans in France do not, including reimbursement for most of what social security does not cover, such as eyeglasses and contact lenses, preventive dental treatment, alternative medicine such as chiropractic care, doctors on call (SOS Médecins), and up to fifteen sessions per semester with an MSH accredited psychologist. The Health Office can help students with inquiries about obtaining a social security number as well as submitting claims.
- Counseling Services: Individual counseling sessions with AUP’s off-campus therapists and an on-campus Student Development Guidance Counselor are available for free throughout the week.
- Emergency Support: For psychological crises, and mental or medical emergencies, an emergency response team is available 24 hours a day.