Swedish medical schools provide a shorter programme that you will appreciate if you are fluent in the language. The whole medical curriculum, similar to that in the United Kingdom, takes around six years.
Following are the best 4 Medical Schools in Sweden:
- Uppsala University.
- Umea University.
- University of Gothenburg.
- Lund University.
1. Uppsala University:
Uppsala Institution, founded in 1477, is Sweden’s oldest university. We are now a large research institution with a defined mission: to pursue high-quality research and teaching while also engaging constructively with society in order to contribute to a better world in various ways.
Uppsala University’s aim is to acquire and spread knowledge for the benefit of humanity and a better world.
- The University is built on the notion and assumption that investing in education and research leads to a brighter future.
- The University strives to create a physically, socially, and culturally stimulating environment.
- Uppsala University contributes to local and national growth and innovation, and is an active participant in the quest of long-term social development.
- Collaboration with the broader community is a natural, inherent aspect of such research, and it contributes to solutions to society’s sustainability concerns, either directly or indirectly.
2. Umea University:
Ume University is a comprehensive university that conducts research and instruction in medical, science and technology, social sciences, arts and humanities, and educational sciences. It was founded in 1965.
Our unified campus atmosphere fosters a vibrant, open culture with a strong sense of belonging.
Ume University, as a knowledge-driven organisation, strives to give students and employees with unique learning and development opportunities, while also serving society with fresh information and innovative citizens.
3. University of Gothenburg:
The University of Gothenburg was founded in 1891 and is a multifunctional institution. There are eight faculties and 38 departments that make up our university. In addition, we have a huge number of research and expertise centres that span numerous academic areas. Students, researchers, and representatives from the commercial, industrial, and public sectors come together in these subjects.
We have almost 49 000 students and 6 000 employees, making us one of Northern Europe’s largest universities.
4. Lund University:
There are several reasons why applying for a job at Lund University is a wise choice. You may expect to work in a supportive, stimulating, and productive atmosphere at Lund University, and you will be expected to contribute to it. We want our workers to succeed at work, and one way to do that is to encourage them to branch out and do new things. Lund University’s working environment is notably international – 35 percent of our staff and 54 percent of our researchers come from other countries – and greater internationalisation is one of our top priorities.